Bill Hood Topper 2018
Friday, September 20, 2019
Bill Hood Ford 2019
NOMC 2019 Endo
Vial for TPC 2019
Mid-month payroll planned to right TPSS employee checks

Mid-month payroll planned to right TPSS employee checks

Author: Action News 17/Tuesday, September 3, 2019/Categories: Front Page, Latest Stories

AMITE---The Tangipahoa Parish School System will run a mid month payroll no later than Sept. 13 to make whole any employees who have not yet received their updated actual paycheck as a result of issues stemming from the July 28 cyber attack on the TPSS computer system.

Assistant Superintendent Ron Genco said Tuesday night that the district ran an “estimated” payroll on Aug. 23 to make sure employees received a check for their first few weeks of work in the new school year. Genco said it was an amazing feat, considering that the district “paid 2,800 employees without having a payroll system in place.” Instead, the district replicated existing employees’ July paychecks with the understanding that the amounts distributed were probably a few dollars short of their estimated step raises, state raises, and outstanding stipends or reimbursements. New employees received 75 percent of their estimated monthly check and the remaining 25 percent was held to put toward taxes and other withholding.

On Aug. 28, payroll employees were able to access their MUNIS accounting system, and the district is fast-tracking data input to get employees any money due to them before the regular September payroll.

Under the system announced Tuesday, corrected or "actual payroll" reports will be run in the next few days. Any difference between the estimated payroll and the actual payroll will be reimbursed to the employee on that Sept. 13 date.

“We stand committed that every employee will get every penny owed to them,” Genco said, adding that the first time the district utilized the MUNIS system, it took six months to make that system fully functional. Genco said payroll employees are working around the clock and that while the Sept. 13 date is ambitious, they vow to have direct deposit disbursements ready to go that day or sooner.

Superintendent Melissa Stilley commended Genco and the district’s Chief Financial Officer Bret Schnadelbach for the leadership their teams have shown in restoring the payroll system and getting the funds to employees in an expeditious manner.

“I have not worried, not one bit, because I knew you were going to make it happen,” Stilley said.

Number of views (2116)/Comments (0)

Noland Stewart Salon 2019
Robby Carter 2019
Bodi White for Senate 2019
Greg Varnado for Parish Council 2019
Driver Blue 2019
FP Arena 2019